Sunday, August 8, 2010

A little Abbott is born

My first blood nephew was born on August 4, 2010. My kids have a blood cousin. A little baby boy that looks like an Abbott was born at home in El Mendano, Spain. It wasn't planned that way but that is the way it turned out.




Marcos Ramon Abbott Fernandez de la Puente (His American name is Marcos Ramon Abbott) lives too far away for me to get my lips on him, to change his diaper, or smell the sweetness that comes from a breast-fed baby. His mother, Sonsoles, remarked that she is 'a twitterpatted mother.' I know the feeling.

Nothing is more life changing than giving birth to your first child. When I look at her pictures and hear her words I am transported back to 25 and a half years ago when I gave birth to Brenna - also at home but my home birth was planned.

Words cannot describe the joy I feel for Paul and Sonsoles. Their whole story is something of a miracle. I can't think of one romantic movie that comes close to theirs. And now this little boy who will bring such joy to families on both continents.

Welcome to the family Marcitos! I can't wait to kiss your rosebud lips and bury my kisses into your sweet neck. I'll change your diapers without gagging. I can't wait to meet you in person, rather than over Skype. :)

No comments: