Monday, October 3, 2011

Puppy Love



I love my dogs. Everyday when I walk out the door to go to work I know I am going to miss them. Each one of them in their own unique way make me laugh, smile and be happy from the top of my head to the tip of my....tail. :)

This weekend I took them to the dog park in McMinnville. It's been several months since we visited there. From the moment we arrived I realized they remembered where we were. Roxy was much more confident and in fact was able to rustle around with some bigger dogs without going in for the kill. :)

As we entered the gate for the grassy area, Murphy's gait increased as the memory of where we were hit him square between his blind eyes. He ran off like a bat-out-of-hell with his bouncy running with a huge smile on his face. I wish I had a camera to capture their joy.

Roxy played ball for a while but mostly enjoyed all the new smells. Along with Fonzy she emptied her bladder in her attempt to cover every other dog's smell.

Three tuckered out dogs came home after being out of the house for more than two hours. Between the hour at the park, driving time and my stops at the store, they had a wonderful day outing.

The boys are much less agitated as we travel around and Roxy's confidence is evident. I know that our daily excursions to the Newberg Dog Park has been a big benefit to their overall level of security and lessoned their fear of the unknown.

I just wish I could bring them to work with me. :)

No comments: